In the Spring of 2023, CITE-involved CUNY colleges will engage in strategic planning to ensure that efforts to integrate computing and digital literacies into teacher education programs are meaningful, equitable, and importantly, are coordinated across all lines of an institution’s work so they may be sustained in the long-term.
Below, find strategic planning resources which will come in handy at the January 2023 kickoff, and as teams work on their plans throughout 2023-24.
What is Strategic Planning?
A process to help colleges and CITE Central move towards coherent instructional systems (drawing on research and practice from CSforAll; Santo et al., 2019; Vogel et al., 2017; and Cobb, 2018)
What are the deliverables?
- CITE Committee Charter – a document that shares how your college team or college’s CITE committee works together
- CITE Strategic Plan – a document that shares action items the team plans to take related to high leverage lines of work and goals related to CITE; who will champion those items, and target completion dates for those goals
- Summer Work Plan – a document outlining what will be done over the summer to finalize the strategic plan and who will do it, taking into account other CITE summer options
Tools and resources to support strategic planning
January 2023 Slide Deck: https://tinyurl.com/jan23-CITE
To support creation of CITE committee and charter:
To support drafting of CITE Strategic Plan
- CITE Implementation Self-Assessment Rubric
- Use copy in team folder
- CITE Strategic Planning Template
- Use copy in team folder
- An example CITE strategic planning template (“Cheat sheet”)
To support rubric rows related to Instructional Core
|Library||Why pick this one?|
|To learn more about the way the State, City and professional bodies (ISTE, CSTA) define computing and digital literacies for students and teachers|
|To get specific ideas for what computing and digital literacies integration could look like in teacher ed. E.g.:
|For a high level view of the CITE learning goals and activities that faculty at your college have already integrated into their teaching (from summer PD work)|
|CITE Central has done some work to parse the perspectives, concepts, and computing / digital practices that they value. Perhaps some of them resonate, and it might save you some time to have a pre-organized starting place to pull from and re-mix.|
To support summer planning:
What’s the timeline?
|January 10-11||Understand the ask, commit to having a fleshed out strategic plan by August 2023|
|By February 21||Submit:
|By March 31
|April||Work on CITE Strategic Plan, at your college team’s pace:
|July||Finalize CITE Strategic Plan|
|September||Begin implementing strategic plan|